Saturday, February 26, 2011

Camp John Hay

Camp John Hay
Baguio City, Philippines

Inside Camp John Hay are the Historical Core, Butterfly Sanctuary, Scout Hill and the Eco trail. These destinations are just near each other.
The first place that we visited here was the Butterfly Sanctuary. One thing that I liked here was the hospitality of the guardian. He was very willing to take us several pictures as a souvenir and was very accommodating. It was also my first time to see a very small larva or caterpillar. As far as what I’ve known since my childhood I thought they all grew as big as the size of our finger. I was amazed coz what I saw was just as small or thin as the coconut broom stick.

Then we went to the Eco Trail and Paintball Republic, they are just beside each other. We didn’t try the paintball but I tried the zip line and rappelling. It costs only P100. It was my first time to rappel, I thought it was hard but it’s not and in fact it even was addicting.



Then we went to the Historical Core. The entrance is P50 for adults. This is where the history of Camp John Hay and Baguio City can be found. Mostly are indicated in the stations that you need to read and follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment