Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baguio City Review

We went to Baguio City last May 2010 for a vacation and I can say that Baguio City is a really great place to be during summer. A perfect place to unwind, to temporarily detach from a busy life, and to refresh and recharge.
The best thing that I admire here is the cold weather. Even if the sun is up and shining, it felt good in the skin due to the cold breeze in the air.
They say that the coldest weather here is during January to February. So cold that your teeth would grunt when you turn off the hot shower when bathing. Thus, the best month to stay here is from March to May.
It was my first time to visit Baguio and was very enjoyable. We stayed there for 3 nights and 4 days, just enough to enjoy the vacation and wander the city. I felt really refreshed after the vacation and stress free. Even today when I look at the pictures we’ve taken, I still feel the freshness in the environment. Maybe because it’s my fiancĂ© that’s with me, if that’s the case then I suggest that you go there with your partner as well. It’s really very relaxing and enjoyable.
I would also like to commend the good attitude of taxi drivers here. Since it was our first time in the city, we always took a cab to take us to our destinations and all of them gave back an exact change. The flag down rate was even cheaper as well, I remember it was just P15 or P22.50, maybe because they were not air-conditioned.
For me, the bests of all the experiences I have here in Baguio are the horseback riding in Wright Park, boat sailing in Burnham Park and the buying & harvesting of strawberries in La Trinidad.

No comments:

Post a Comment